Signs That It’s Time To Hire a Commercial Collections Lawyer
Reasons You Should Consider Hiring a Debt Collections Attorney
Collections are an unfortunate part of most businesses’ operations. In an ideal world, everyone would pay what they owe, when they owe it. But in reality, many people default on their accounts, and you have to take action to get them to meet their obligations.
Your first step when someone owes you money will likely be to make phone calls and to send letters. But what do you do when they don’t get any response?
3 Benefits Of Hiring a Commercial Collections Lawyer
You have three options when you want to collect a debt: Keep attempting to collect it yourself, hire a collections agency, or hire a collections lawyer. In most cases, hiring a collections lawyer is, by far, your best choice. The benefits of hiring a Chandler commercial collections attorney include:
- Fast results. Lawyers carry the respect of the law. A letter from a collections attorney will have far more impact than a letter from your company or even a letter from a collections agency.
- More tools. Collections attorneys have more tools at their disposal to uncover all sources of assets that a debtor may have to pay what they owe. That can result in faster payment to you.
- Expertise. Collections lawyers know the law far better than business owners and collections agencies. They will use that knowledge of the law to your advantage, helping you get what is owed more quickly and without any complications.
While you certainly can try to collect the debt on your own or even hire a collections agency, you are likely to get more benefit by hiring a commercial collections lawyer right from the start. You’ll get results faster and for less money overall.
When It’s The Right Time To Hire a Collections Attorney?
We believe that the time to hire a Scottsdale collections attorney is when you have any debts that are not being paid. But if you are uncertain, here are some signs that will tell you it’s time:
- The debtor hasn’t responded. You can’t just keep making phone calls and sending letters and hoping for a different result. Not only will you spend a lot of time and resources in your pursuit, but you won’t end up getting the money that you are owed. Hiring a collections attorney can get you the results you need.
- You don’t have the time or resources to devote to collecting the debt. Maybe you haven’t even tried to recover the debt. You recognize that you don’t have the staff to deal with the problem. Or the staff you have don’t have the time to commit to the task. You can outsource that work to a collections attorney so that your staff can focus on other important matters pertaining to your business.
- The amount is large enough. You will have to pay a collections attorney a fee to recover the debt. If the debt is small, it may not be worth the expense to try to collect it. You may be better off just writing off the amount on your taxes. But if the debt is high enough, the cost of hiring an attorney may be minimal compared to what you would recover.
Taking legal action can seem like a drastic step, but it’s one that is necessary in many cases when people refuse to pay what they owe. Without any threat of legal consequences, many people will simply keep making excuses or will ignore your pleas. Hiring an Arizona commercial collections attorney can ensure that you get what is legally owed to you with a minimum of hassle. Search for a reputable commercial collections attorney with a reputation for getting results to have the best experience.
Contact a Commercial Collections Lawyer In Arizona!
The commercial collections attorneys at Denton Peterson Dunn have a reputation for being the best in the Scottsdale, Mesa, and Phoenix areas. Our experienced attorneys know how to get results fast, no matter how big or small the debt and no matter how elusive the debtor. We have a variety of tools at our disposal to find debtors and to find any assets that they may be hiding. Call our office today to talk with a commercial collections lawyer about your needs. We can help you get what you’re owed!