Urgent—New Paid Sick Leave Law
July 1, 2017 Deadline is Looming!
If you are like many companies, you may have waited to create an implement a sick paid leave policy that is required under Proposition 206 (See A.R.S. § 23-371 through § 23-381). We understand that your life as an employer involves more than updating your employment policy, but the deadline is July 1, 2017, so let us help you! We have helped several companies create and implement paid sick leave policies that are compliant with the law. While there is no one-size-fits-all policy, we can help you create a policy that fits your company while keeping your costs down. Let’s get started today to make sure you meet the July 1, 2017 deadline! Please contact our office by phone at 480.325.9900 or by email at email@example.com to set up a time to talk.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
1) Do I need a written policy to give to employees?
2) How will paid sick leave interact with other forms of paid time off that the company has in place?
3) What if the company only has one employee or part-time employees?
4) What is the legal minimum of accrued paid sick leave that an employee can use in a year?
5) Should I allow employees to accrue paid sick leave, or just provide employees with the legal minimum up front?
6) Does the company have to roll over unused paid sick leave each year?
7) Does the company want to require an employee to provide written notice if they are going to use paid sick leave?
8) Does the company have to pay accrued sick leave when the employee is fired or quits?
9) Can I incentivize employees to not use their paid sick leave?
10) Do I need my payroll to track paid sick leave time?
We look forward to helping you create a paid sick leave policy that works for your company!
1930 N Arboleda #200
Mesa, AZ 85213